First, some images of the journal in its making off. In this one, you can see the journal with its covers and its spine, waiting for the fake nerves to be put on.
In this one, the nerves are on, and the leather is ready to be glued on the journal.
Here, the box is being covered by the red cloth. Actually, I used two different systems. Here I am showing one, even though I prefer the second one I used, and is the one I am currently using in similar boxes.
And the two boxes, showing the different systems used.
These are all the photos I have of the work in progress. Now, the next photos show the characteristics of the journal and the box:
Here is the box as it looks shut. Below, a close up of the handmade headbands I made for the box, to make it look as it was a book:
The box open, showing the journal it keeps. If it looks weird it's because the spine is rounded.
Below, the spine of the journal and its nerves:
And a close-up of the blind tooling I made in the center of the cover.
And the journal opens. You can see the marbled paper that I made some time ago on the endpapers:
A close-up on the handmade headbands of the journal:
And, finally, a close-up on the marbled paper:
Wow, so many pictures! But I hope you get a good idea on how the journal looks like. I wanted it to be a simple yet detailed in the making process work, and I am pretty happy with the results. Plus, I love those endpaper hehe.
I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!!